08 December 2006

The Life of a Teenage Hearttrob

With my bamboo stick in hand, my safari hat on, and a brain full of english, I have been spreading the good words of the English Language throughout NE Thailand the past week.

I'm right now in the computer lab at a school not too far from the Lao border. There are 4 guys sleeping here, my fellow volunteers from Korea, Italy, and our Thai coordinator, while the girls are downstairs. In other roomsare 150 students, about 130 girls and maybe 20 guys. Apparantly, only Thai girls want to learn English.

So I can tell you without a doubt that I have been told "I love you" and "you are very handsome" more times this past week than in my entire life before this. Whenever I join a group, or rotate, I hear cheers (as does my fellow young male, though not an eligable bachelor, Jin from Korea). And when I answer the question - "are you single.."

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! (increase pitch accordingly)

Tomorrow, I join a buddhist meditation retreat for 3 days, and then more teaching! Adieu!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger MrRyan said...

Oh Nithin, you can't help it if you're such a stud

3:00 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Nithin, you're such a heartthrob. How can i compete with so many thai girls?

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home